The internet is home to millions of websites and incomprehensible information. In recent times humans have become increasingly dependent on the internet for every basic necessity. With the help of smartphones and the internet, almost everything can be done online. The essential requirements of getting your presence online are to have an internet service provider and a router at your home.
A router helps to transfer data packets from the ISP to your devices. These days with the rise of wireless networking, one can quickly get the power of the internet through WiFi. A WiFi router helps to transfer data packets wirelessly. TP-Link is one of the most popular router manufacturers in the networking industry. They provide users with affordable devices that are suitable for both home and office spaces. Today we are going to be having a look at how to set up a TP-link router.
About TP-link Routers:
A fun fact about TP-link is that it’s the largest manufacturers of household and office routers in current times. Users can rely on their services to provide you with the internet. Their devices are built with state of the art technology, which is also inexpensive.
Setting up a TP-link router requires to configure its settings. The settings are easily accessible with the help of the control panel. Most TP-link routers make use of the same interface, which makes it simpler for users to set up their new devices. All of their routers come with a user manual, which is printed in many different LANguages to help non-English speaking regions. By following their guide, users can easily set up, log in, and manage their internet without having to call up an IT and networking engineer.
The TP-link routers are genuinely made for private usage as they’re quite easy to line up and don’t require much technical knowledge.
Setup & Login of TP-link Router:
When you have got a new router at your helm, using the internet is not as simple as just plug and play. Every router comes with its unique settings, which require to be customized in order that you’ll use the web. The router helps to decide the network name and password to log in. For a wireless connection, the WiFi SSID and password need to be configured before the internet can be used wirelessly. To set up and log in your TP-link router for internet usage follow the given guidelines –
- TP-link routers accompany a mobile application that helps users to line up their wireless networks easily. With the help of the TP-link tether application, one can connect to their WiFi and configure the SSID and passwords.
- Connect your mobile device to the wireless network of TP-link.
- Open up the TP-link tether app and enter the administrator user ID and password that is printed on the back of your router. It is usually admin for both the data inputs.
- Go to the tools option of the TP-link tether app, and here you’ll configure your device consistent with your requirements.
- The TP-link tether app also allows users to monitor their internet and the connected devices to the network.
PC Setup (old interface):
- The initial router setup is possible only through PC devices. It requires you to have a wired LAN cable to connect your device to the router. The TP-link routers come with a free LAN cable for users to make the initial setup simple.
- With the help of the LAN cable connecting the router to your PC/Laptop. The LAN cable is supposed to be connected to the yellow end of the router, and the wire is then connected to the LAN port on your device.
- Open up the browser on your PC/Laptop device and enter the login page link. The IP link which is used to configure the router is usually 192.168.1.1, or 192.168.0.1. This link often depends on the model of your router. The box of the router also provides the link specific to your TP-link router.
- This link should take you to the router administrator page, which required users to login using their user ID and password. The router user ID and password is provided at the back of the router device.
- Enter the credentials to log in to your router configuration page.
- Head over to the quick setup option, which is available on the taskbar of your router configurations.
- Now, set up the wireless SSID and password for your WiFi connection.
- This page is to monitor data transfer and connected devices.
PC setup (new interface):
TP-link recently has changed its website interface to offer users the best modern-day router experience. In this new interface, the configurations of the router are on the dashboard. The dashboard is a useful tool to sort out the multiple options available.
- Login to the router.
- Here to configure your WiFi network, head over to the wireless option in the dashboard.
- Their users are provided with the option to edit their WiFi SSID and password. The settings can be easily changed and applied through this setting.
- The quick setup option is also available for the first-time usage. In the smart setup option, users can change their router IP address and DNS settings. The IP address and DNS settings should only be changed if your ISP requires to have custom settings to work.
TP-link also has websites that are useful to set up and control your router. Sites like http:/tplinkwifi.net/ and tplinklogin.net are there for simpler router management.
- Open up a browser on your PC while connected to the router using the LAN cable.
- Visit any of the two given links above.
- It should take you to the configuration page for the router. Log in using your router credentials.
- Configure your router according to your requirements.
We hope that through this article, we were able to cover the majority of the details about the setup process. TP-Link has been quite generous in providing resources to help us write this article. They are the world’s biggest router brand. Millions of people around the world also use the router. The majority of the ISP providers offer TP-Link as their default routers. It is a highly reliable and pure source of entertainment.